Wedding favors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I want to offer my soaps as wedding favors.

What is better, soaps poured in the individual molds with the intricate designs, or the bar soaps with the bride and groom's name and wedding date on it?

I am partial to the small bars of soap....

I use guest bar molds and chocolate molds for most of my favors.

The downside to shapes is people will always want theh shape you do not have. If you offer a standard bar, they can't squabble, but if you have bells & doves & cupids & wedding cakes they are always goint say *what about sea shells?* or *what about roses, or (fil in the blank).

For the bride and groom name type bars you could offer full size bars or smaller guest size bars.

I make guest size bars but they are just a half a regular bar of soap. And so they measure 2 1/2 inches wide, and are about 1 1/2" high and about 1" deep.

Then because of what Tabitha said, about people wanting every shape but the ones you own. You could simple state that this is what you have to offer, due to the high cost of molds. Or something to that effect meaning that you will offer certain shapes and will not take a custom request. Or if you do take a custom request for a specific shape there will be an extra cost of $xx amount. Some people are willing to spend any amount to get what they want while others are not. So at least that leaves you with some options.

Latest posts

Back