Wax Melter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy Gibson

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience using wax meters to heat larger quantities of oil for higher production volume? I do hot process soap and soap around 215 degrees the most time consuming part of process is microwaving the oils.to melt them.

Hi @Mandy Gibson, it sounds like you are doing high-temp hot process. When I make HP soap, that's how I make it, as well. :)

I previously had a wax melter, but it was the type of melter used in salons for wax wraps on hands or feet. It worked amazingly well for high-melting-point materials like beeswax, e-wax, stearic acid, SCI powder, etc.

Because it was a bit bulky and awkward to clean, I ended up using it mostly for making syndet shampoo bars and conditioner bars. It would have worked fine for melting soaping oils except that the temperature control was very basic - warm, medium, and hot, not actual temperatures. It ended up burning out one day, at which point, I went back to microwaving.

If you can find a wax melter that gives you somewhat accurate temperatures for melting your oils, that should work just fine.

Latest posts

Back