want to replace these products

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davido

Reaction score
Hello!

work in very hot conditions. use safegaurd in summer, then switch to dove in winter. i use mineral oil all over in winter as this is the only thing that i have found to stop itchy dry skin for the past 30 years.

Oh, yes. i would like to make them myself.

thanks david

[EDIT] well maybe i didn't phrase this correctly.

what base to use?

what would i add to basic soap for a deoderant?

what would be the best moisturizer to add?

what can i make that i can "pour on" my back to stop itchying and dryness? currently use mineral oil.

thanks
david
i don't know nuttin bout dis stuff

Hey there. Maybe someone more knowledgable than me can answer. But you say you are trying to replace safeguard and dove (I'm guessing you mean their soap) just look thru soap recipes and find one that looks easy enough and see how you like it. As for replacing the mineral oil, I would see a dermatologist and follow his recommendation.

To replace the mineral oil, you can use any of the wonderful oils & butters we use for soapmaking. Here's a very short list. These oils & butters are non-pour-clogging - unlike mineral oil. They also absorb into the skin much better!!!

sweet almond oil
fractionated coconut oil
rice bran oil

for a heavier moisturizer:
shea butter
cocoa butter
mango butter

You can scent them with essential oil (a little goes a long ways.)

Another thing, we moisturize from the inside out. If you're drinking a lot of caffeinated bevs, cut back & increase your water intake. Caffein makes you go to the bathroom, so you are dehydrating yourself & it's leaving no moisure for your skin. My skin is far less dry when I drink LOTS of water.

Latest posts

Back