Want to know why???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I am not sure what do you mean by "in dry." But I did use TD both in soap base and for the top swirl.

In soap base, I added 2T activated charcoal & 3t TD.
Top white swirl, I added 1T TD and about 1/2 C of soap base to get bright white color.
She means, did you pre-disperse the TD before adding it? Some TDs disperse in water, and some in oil. Regardless, that is a LOT of colorant for a 4lb. soap.

Sorry, I am not sure what do you mean by "in dry." But I did use TD both in soap base and for the top swirl.

"Dry" meaning that you didn't add any water or oil to it before you put it in your batter. I once made a soap that shattered like yours...it was an orange and while layered soap. I was new to soaping and it was the first time using TD...I added 3 tablespoons straight into the batter. While it made for a beautiful white, the TD also sucked all the water out of the soap. Lesson learned. I now disperse AC, clays, pigments, oxides and ultramarines in either water or oil.

Latest posts

Back