Walmart GV Shortening

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinkydancer

Reaction score
Has anyone HP'ed this? I wanted to do some soaps for some guys going on a hunting trip and thought the Tallow would be manly enough. :)

I can run over to Soapers Choice and grab some tallow tomorrow but Wally world is closer. It also might smell beefier if it does at all. I have never used Tallow from there.

I have CP'ed the GV and it was fine- no beefy smell or anything.

But I need to do these in a hurry so I'm going to HP them (which I prefer anyway)- just wondering if I will get any Beefy smell coming through.

I HP'ed Lard once and I could smell it even after the cure though that may have been just me and my grossed out reaction to it. I'm usually a Veggie soaper but my DH thinks my regular soap is too girly. He is kind of old fashioned.

Anyway- I HP in the oven and not in a crockpot if that makes a difference. I'm planning on using Bladdwrack EO from WSP- very strong and manly so it may cover up the smell if there is any.

TIA!

I have HP'd the GV Shortening many times with no smell at all. Now, lard does smell in HP, but I find that a good cure will take care of that problem. Still, HP the GV with confidence. :D

Latest posts

Back