using pumpkin...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, just subtract the amount of pumpkin you are using from your water amount. Works great!

well, that was fun! It looked good before i popped it in the oven...smelled good too! got my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning! thank you! :D

i can't find a good pumpkin soap recipe that has as much pumpkin as i'd like to use. i'd really like to do a goat milk or coconut milk pumpkin soap with more than about 5 percent of pumpkin. made a successful batch of goat milk pumpkin soap a couple of weeks ago, and want to try again.

anyone have a great recipe to share, with or without milk? i plan to use pumpkin ale for the remainder of the liquid.

paillo said:
i can't find a good pumpkin soap recipe that has as much pumpkin as i'd like to use. i'd really like to do a goat milk or coconut milk pumpkin soap with more than about 5 percent of pumpkin. made a successful batch of goat milk pumpkin soap a couple of weeks ago, and want to try again.

anyone have a great recipe to share, with or without milk? i plan to use pumpkin ale for the remainder of the liquid.

I use up to 100% pumpkin for the water. So you can really do whatever mix you want. Maybe try:

30% pumpkin
40% goat's milk
30% ale

It's really up to you.

I hadn't thought of combining it with goats milk and stuff...great idea! The bars I made yesterday came out beautifully! I think the next ones, I will try the milk and ale with it, cuz I love my 'beer bars"! Thank you guys so much, you are such a big help and I appreciate it! :p

I use up to 100% pumpkin for the water. So you can really do whatever mix you want. Maybe try:

30% pumpkin
40% goat's milk
30% ale

It's really up to you.

thank you, thank you!!!

i learn so much from this forum every day. i, too, really appreciate all of you, your expertise and your generosity in sharing tips, advice and ideas.

agriffin said:

30% pumpkin
40% goat's milk
30% ale

It's really up to you.

Do you mind sharing your technique for mixing the pumpkin with your lye? Pumpkin soap is on my to-do list.

cmd439 said:
agriffin said:

30% pumpkin
40% goat's milk
30% ale

It's really up to you.

Do you mind sharing your technique for mixing the pumpkin with your lye? Pumpkin soap is on my to-do list.

I want to ask the same thing....I am thinking of doing this soon.

Also, does the pumpkin puree leave a scent after it's cured? I like the idea of a 50/50 pumpkin/milk soap. Or a 100% pumpkin soap, if it leaves a nice scent.

I simply have the pumpkin in a container and sprinkle the lye slowly on the pumpkin while stirring. It turns into liquid.

No, I haven't noticed any scent from pumpkin.

When you add the pumpkin to your recipe, does it give you a nice orange color? Or does the lye totally destroy any chance of color?

cmd439 said:
When you add the pumpkin to your recipe, does it give you a nice orange color? Or does the lye totally destroy any chance of color?

No, I Get a nice orange color. I've noticed it comes out a brighter orange color if you add pumpkin at trace. Also, please note that some pumpkin pie scents can really discolor anywhere from just a bit to dark brown.

You'll also get a difference in gelled versus non-gelled.

agriffin said:
cmd439 said:

No, I Get a nice orange color. I've noticed it comes out a brighter orange color if you add pumpkin at trace. Also, please note that some pumpkin pie scents can really discolor anywhere from just a bit to dark brown.

You'll also get a difference in gelled versus non-gelled.

agriffin said:
I simply have the pumpkin in a container and sprinkle the lye slowly on the pumpkin while stirring. It turns into liquid.

No, I haven't noticed any scent from pumpkin.

That is so cool! I'm going to try that.

Thanks for sharing!

I can't wait to try this, too. Does pumpkin have any therapeutic properties or anything? Just wondering.

Thanks to everyone for sharing all your pumpkin wisdom! :D

Latest posts

Back