Uses for these herbs in soap making?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vjbakke

Reaction score
I have some herbs left over from other projects. I am new to soapmaking and not sure if they have uses in soap?

Here's what I have

Plantain leaf powder
calendula powder
burdock root ( not powder)
marshmallow root ( not powder)

Thanks!

The plantain and calendula can be used as is for color. If it is too scratchy, you can try infusing in oil and straining before adding to your other oils. If you grind the burdock root and infuse in oil, you can use that as color as well. Not sure on the marshmallow root.

Burdock Root can be ground up and then infused in oil. Once it's been infused for a couple of weeks then you would strain it and use the oil for the soap.

I don't think Marshmallow root adds any colours??

I don't know what they add to soap but they have great medicinal qualities as infusions.

I've seen marshmallow root as an ingredient in some facial products. It helps to soften skin. You could try infusing some in an oil as an experiment.

The root also has an emulsifying property so that may also be why it's used in facial products.

I love calendula petals in my soap. It is a very skin soothing ingredient (well not in petal form, lol) and the powder would work great in a sensitive skin soap and for color.

The plantain and calendula can be used as is for color. If it is too scratchy, you can try infusing in oil and straining before adding to your other oils. If you grind the burdock root and infuse in oil, you can use that as color as well. Not sure on the marshmallow root.

[FONT=&quot]Marshmallow, soothes the scalp providing relief from scalp irritation. It also contains mucilage, which provides slip to help detangle, condition and moisturize hair. it also nourishes the scalp promoting healthy hair growth and luster.

i make an herbal tea used as an after shampoo rinse and this is one of the herbs i use.

[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back