Update on Snowdrift Farm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I just recieved the following e-mail from Bill at Snowdrift Farm today. I am posting it 'just in case' for those who for whatever reason did not recieve the e-mail and are wondering about the status of their orders:

Geetings!

Happy Holidays. I hope you had a good celebration. We were closed on friday and will be closed on monday for Boxing Day.

Bill

Happy Holidays

May the spirit of the season bless you always!

This season is a celebration of the ideas of sharing and caring for others that all faiths share. Let us keep this spirit throughout the year to build a better world.

Thank you for your kind words of support. They will be remembered as we move to a new future. It has been great working with everyone.

The formulary and info pages will remain as a tribute to Trina. Watch for the release of a new site.
Closing Sale Update

We have shipped everything that it is possible to ship. We will begin processing refunds for products that we were unable to ship from the closing sale beginning on Tuesday December 27.

Unfortunately Bank of .America merchant services is withholding all of the funds that were spent at the sale. These funds should have been deposited to my account on Dec 5, but still have not been. This meant that I had to spend money that was meant for production materials on shipping orders and paying wages. Thus we have been unable to produce some of the Beurre orders and those will be refunded, unless already shipped, in the last week of December.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this delay and refund has caused because I had hoped to be able to produce these materials, but the bank's criteria for release of funds kept shifting plus the analyst seemed to be constantly on vacation.

Sincerely,

Bill
Snowdrift Farm, Inc.

IrishLass :)

Thanks for the update! Darn it, I ordered 3 beurres, and two essential oils. If they cancelled the beurres and I'm only getting the two oils, I wonder if the shipping is going to end up making it not worth it. Unfortunately, since they didn't send any shipping notices, I have no way to tell what exactly I'm getting. :(

I feel bad for him that the bank held up his funds - what a sad situation!

I'm embarrassed for the guy at Bank of America's behavior. They try hard to be customer-friendly but unfortunately you are not having a positive experience. Sorry about that.

I hope to hear from someone at Snowdrift. I was excited to get some soap molds but haven't received anything in the mail.

I wonder if they have ANYTHING left and instead of refunding my money, will let me know what is left. I'm not too picky.

hmmm, i wish i'd spent my $70-something elsewhere. not a lot of money for an order, but it's a little troubling to have neither the products, a refund or any kind of communication :(

Sometimes when somethings sounds to good to be true it is.

I don't know when they will do credits, I don't have mine, my credit was larger than my order!

I am out almost $400! I havent had an email answer to my countless emails nor is anyone answering the phone anymore. I am open to ANY suggestions!

sunnyone said:
I am out almost $400! I havent had an email answer to my countless emails nor is anyone answering the phone anymore. I am open to ANY suggestions!

Prepaid/Gift card or regular debit/credit card?

If the latter, it is time to dispute the charge with your credit provider.

I paid through paypal and have filed a claim.

Based on what I've seen on another forum, some people have gotten refunds, others did not because the bank refused payment. I initially filed a dispute resolution and paypal immediately escalated to a claim. So I assume this is a known issue from their point of view.

Worst case scenario, I'm out $50. Not happy about being defrauded but I'm sure Bill's life is a lot worse than mine right now.

I posted in the other thread that I received a noticed last night of a credit. It should have been more, but I am happy to get anything. So credits are actually being processed!

nothing here, paypal is still awaiting a response from the seller. this, to me, is a lesson in never again letting my sense of charity, patience and forgiveness getting in the way of the fact that i need to make a living too...

i just got an email from paypal stating that my refund will be processed withing a few days. hooray, hope more are forthcoming for all of you who are still waiting!

So, I waited too long for a paypal dispute... didn't realize there was a 45 day limit on those. I had been waiting patiently, as I understood they must have been inundated with orders, and trusted this company that I have been ordering from for years. I'm out over $350... I'm a tiny tiny tiny soap seller, and can't afford to write this off. I make soap to help support myself while working part-time as an urban farmer. I have student loans to pay, and on a poverty-level income, that's a lot of money... but I ordered bulk quantities of clays, salts, some oils, and herbs, which would have kept me supplied for a long time, without even considering that I would not receive either the product or a refund because I've always had an excellent experience with Snowdrift. I feel bad for Bill and his loss, but this is an appalling way to treat a formerly loyal customer- I have ordered from them several times in the past, and my partner did long before that, back when they were in VT. I can't imagine treating customers this way. I'm hoping to hear back from him, and have continued to send emails- the company phone numbers have been disconnected. I will take him to small claims court or pursue other action if necessary, but really don't want to go that route if I don't have to. Does anyone have current contact information for Bill? I'd like to give him a chance to make this right the easy way before I go the hard way... any advice would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back