Two more batches this week

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timber

Reaction score
I thought I might as well post my two latest. Both are my standard recipe of coconut, pomace, lard, avocado and castor. The bars on the right are scented with Pear FO. Funny thing, I had decided to call them "Pear Tree" and the swirl actually came out looking kind of like a tree :) Annatto-infused oil for the yellow, cocoa for brown and green oxide on top. I poured an ITP swirl on the bottom, then put a layer of green on top and used a hanger to blend it a bit.

The ones on the left are scented with a mix of FOs - Fresh Green Grass, Rain and Rose. I decided to make one color to represent each of the fragrance components. It was a double tiger stripe, pouring two lines instead of one to see what would happen. The learning experience with this batch was that I got the dreaded partial gel. The next day I decided to put it in the oven to CPOP, and it seems to have evened out for the most part.

I get a lot of ash with this recipe but it doesn't really bother me. Hope y'all like em :mrgreen:

DSCF0036.jpg

They are beautiful! Bet you'll have a heck of a time trying to get the tree ever again!

Thanks everyone :) and yeah, I don't think I'm going to duplicate the tree again. But you never know, I might get lucky :rolleyes:

Those are both wonderful. I love the simplicity of the pear soap and the fact that it came out looking like a Pear Tree is just awesome :)

Back