trying to find lye locally is a major pain!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlsbad is pretty popular with meth makers, isn't it? You poor girl! Watch that you don't get arrested for ordering it online. When they see that you're in Carlsbad, they might get the wrong idea!!! LOL :lol:

SudsyKat said:
Carlsbad is pretty popular with meth makers, isn't it? You poor girl! Watch that you don't get arrested for ordering it online. When they see that you're in Carlsbad, they might get the wrong idea!!! LOL :lol:

I have a couple sources for lye... wanted to know if theirs would save me $$$. As for Carlsbad being popular with meth makers, that I don't know, not being part of the lifestyle. Although it may be one way to pay for outrageously high housing costs.

Edited because my grammar sucks.

MrsFusion said:
Deda said:
http://www.cpsagu.com/

they sell lye in 50lb bags.

Where do you find it on their website?

I don't, I drive to the warehouse and the nice man puts a few bags in the back of my car. :)

OK, well the thing is, I had my DH go on his way home from work and he asked for lye. they said, NOPE. can't sell it bc of meth people. so he didn't even look. I wonder if they have it anyways. now I want to look!! i just want to get started ya know?

is it true that it is ok to store it in the trunk of your car so that it is far far away from kids?

pgnlady said:
I get mine from ACE Hardware, never had any problems.

i can't get it at ace or lowes here, but try your smaller local hardware stores. i can find it in only one of those here, and it's expensive, but when you gots to have it, you gots to have it :)

and just so they know i'm not making meth, i take them samples of soap :)

I agree-try the smaller hardware stores. Meth users ruined it for us! Darn you, druggies! Because of you I also am practically patted down when I buy Advil Cold and Sinus!!

I can buy at my little local hardware but if I'd buy more than 3 they copy my drivers license! They also raised the price almost double so I'll order online. I did see it a Menard's (like Lowes) for $3.67.

I can't find any either (local)...have to buy it online.

Coop said:
I did see it a Menard's (like Lowes) for $3.67.

I've looked and looked at Menard's but didn't see any. Did you have to ask for it or was it on the shelf? I've even called before but didn't want to just say "do you have lye?" ... I asked for sodium hydroxide and they had no clue what I was talking about, lol. :roll:

The only place I can buy it locally is True Value Hardware and it's $7 for a 16oz bottle.

MrsFusion said:
The only place I can buy it locally is True Value Hardware and it's $7 for a 16oz bottle.

$6.39 is what i'm paying for a 16 oz. bottle too. too much when i look at the values online! i'm treating myself to one major oils/lye purchase per month. when i look at the prices i've been paying for smaller amounts at wally world, local hardware stores and smaller batches of eo's / fo's it's a no-brainer. now, i HAVE to really sell some soap to justify the containers under the kitchen table, dining room table, office desk and everywhere else there's any space. i need a bigger house!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back