Tried Something New...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I finished the pet portrait commission so my reward was to be able to soap today. I've gotten in some Beef Tallow, the Honeycomb and my Tussah Silk Noil so I decided to try all of them in my regular mix of EVOO & CO. It really traced nicely and here it is in the 1 lb log molds that I use....

DSCN1179.jpg

Here is the pet portrait I finished today....

DSCN1176.jpg

Cheers
Lindy

x

wow and WOW! a soaper and an artist! the soap looks just like the color of whipped honey! is it natural or did you use colorants? can't wait to see slices and did you fragrance or leave natural?

the pyrography is soooo life-like! really lovely. well done!

Thank you Heartsong! The commission was a last minute order and it goes out in the Post tomorrow so I'm hoping it gets there in time!

The soap is naturally coloured and no added scent, just natural. I'll be cutting one log tomorrow and leave the rest so I can cut on-site at the market.

Cheers
Lindy

How can one person have so many talents? :D
Lindy you should feel very proud of yourself. The soap looks great.
When you say that you leave it in logs so that you can cut it at the market, doesn't it get too hard to cut by the time it's ready to sell?

This idea is from another Forum and I thought it was absolutely ingenious! Apparently the soap is still cutable even after it has been cured for a while. I found the whole thing just way to intriguing and there are soapers out there that do it that way. I bought a soap cutter that my logs fit into perfectly so we'll see..... I'm also going to buy a LARGE cheese cutter for cutting my soaps too. I need to create some sample soaps that are only 1/4" think so I'm really going to need that finer cut that the cheese slicer can give me,

McDee & ChrissyB - thank you so much.

Cheers
Lindy

Ohhh, Lindy - such gorgeous coloured soaps - so, so....honey coloured!!! The pet portrait is marvelous.....isn't it wonderful to be able to create such beauty.

I saw a soapmaker at a market recently who had a display set up where she had a naked 'sniffer' soap bar at the front of wrapped bars for sale and then behind these an uncut log - these were all lined up around her display tables and looked terrific.

Tanya
:)

Wow!!! You are an artist! Soaps and portraits look wonderful!

Digit

Wow, Lindy! You are super-talented. The portrait is beautiful. Can't wait for you to cut the soaps. I love tallow soaps.

Thank you! I enjoy pyrography and I used to teach for Lee Valley Tools in Calgary.

I posted the pictures of the cut soap in another thread.

Cheers
Lindy

Latest posts

Back