Tried and True Soap-My First CP Batch Ever!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I am very proud of myself right now. I was very nervous about using lye. I have been only making MP soaps but decided to over come my fear of dealing with lye. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I tried a recipe I thought would be simple to test the waters and it came out better than I thought it would! I did it!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20230821_094604.jpg
    20230821_094604.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 0
Lovely first batch! Don’t change too many things at once. If you want to try a different recipe, add a butter or change one of the other fats. If you want to add fragrance, do that, but read the notes if they are available from your supplier. some that are fine in MP don’t work well with CP. Or if you want to try color, do that.

I also started with MP. Once I tried CP I never looked back. Welcome from another Minnesotan!

Lookit you go! That is awesome looking soap -- congrats! I did M&P for forever but never looked back after making CP because my skin and my family's skin felt so good. Now you just have to wait 6 weeks. Welcome from a 3rd MinneSOHtan, yah, doncha know now.

Latest posts

Back