Travis from UK

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stationdragon

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to soap making and trying hard to turn it into a business. I've hit a few obstacles with my first batches and this led me to come looking for a substantial forum, after a bit of searching I found this place. If you wish to see what problems I've been having and wish to help me with my first few steps then please look for my post in the CP soap forum entitled "botch first batch".

Thank you for your time and it's great to be a part fo this community.

Welcome, Travis! :)

Well, you've come to the right place. I believe you've just discovered/stumbled upon the reason why we at SMF firmly encourage those new to the craft to hold back from going into business selling their soap too soon. :lol: As you are beginning to find out, handmade soap is just one of those unique, quirky/tempermental products that takes a good amount of practice to get good at, and it doesn't take kindly to being rushed no matter what. Because of the long wait-time involved and all the potential problems that can and do go wrong when making handmade soap (some of which don't even show up until 2 months after unmolding, like DOS, for instance), I always try to encourage new soapers to be patient (as hard as it is, believe me, I know!) and take a year in which to just make and test lots of different batches soap (without any commitments to sell), and then if things have been going consistently good with your batches within that time frame, then is when it's a good time to think about deciding to sell.

I will go and have a look at your other posts.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back