To much Titanium Dioxide

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenman

Reaction score
Is there any trouble with using to much Titanium Dioxide?

I was making some whipped RTCP this weekend, and when I went to add the Titanium I being the klutz that I am dropped the container into the mixer, luckily it was off at the time, and only about ½ the container went in. So in total I put about ½ oz in 1 pound of soap. The only trouble I have noticed so far is that is got VERY stiff, the mix would break when piped out of a bag (so I have little globs/balls instead of snowmen). Iy looks ok and smells fine, but I do not want to use if the extra Titanium Dioxide will be an issue.

~Roy

Just noticed this is in teh wrong forum (sorry)

Nah - TD might make your soap a little chalky (or a lot), but it won't hurt you.

We ladies slather it on ourselves to look purty all the time. It's the base in many eye shadows and zillions of other cosmetics, including sunscreens. Your shaving styptic pencil is made from TD.

You're welcome!

I hope you post pics of the snowguys!

Well I have not had a change to make the snow guys yet but here is the failed attempt. These are the "balls" I made when my whuipped soap got to thick due to the super amount os Titanium dioxide

sspx0027jl1.jpg

By dembarie, shot with SPH-M540 at 2008-12-17

~roy

x

they look like lovely little clouds! a pretty antique floral china dish would really set them off, and maybe some dried rose petals?

Back