Tiny bumps on cut soap face

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try cutting early and it might lessen the bumps. Only problem then is you might get ash but this can be prevented by putting the freshly cut soap into a plastic box with a lid. This prevents the air getting to the soap for a few days and stops ash. Or put the soap on a tray and wrap in plastic wrap for a few days.
Hi Penelope,
Thank you... I have cut the soap after 24 hours... It went thru gel phase ... Did not do cpop but wrapped it in a blanket... forgot to add sodium lactate to this batch.. just thinking is that why the bumps then?

I wouldn't think that leaving out SL would cause the soap to have bumps. Whatever the cause, you can use a pastry knife, aka bench scaper, or a putty knife, to smooth out the soap face right after cutting. In this video by Ione Eve of Eve's Garden, you can see her doing this around the 25:11 mark:

I wouldn't think that leaving out SL would cause the soap to have bumps. Whatever the cause, you can use a pastry knife, aka bench scaper, or a putty knife, to smooth out the soap face right after cutting. In this video by Ione Eve of Eve's Garden, you can see her doing this around the 25:11 mark:

Awww thank you AliOop... Totally checking out the video! Appreciate đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Back