Tinted lip balm?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubnica

Reaction score
I made some basic lip balms but I am wandering if anyone is adding any color/mica to add a little color?

For a truly natural color, you can always boil some beets and reduce until you have a concentrate and then use as many drops as it takes to get the color you want.

Catmehndi said:
For a truly natural color, you can always boil some beets and reduce until you have a concentrate and then use as many drops as it takes to get the color you want.

Hmmm...that is interesting...I must try it. Thank you

Catmehndi said:
So how do you get this to incorporate since balms are oil based and the beets are water based? I presume that you would need an emulsifier and a lip safe preservative since the beets have water.

soapbuddy said:
Catmehndi said:
So how do you get this to incorporate since balms are oil based and the beets are water based? I presume that you would need an emulsifier and a lip safe preservative since the beets have water.

oh yeah...I did nto think of that. I don't want water in my lip balm :?

I sometimes make tinted lip balms (the kind that leave a sheer, colored tint on the lips). I use the oil-based lip colorants from TKB Trading. They work great and you don't need all that much either.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back