Thrift Shopping success, shelf life and ingredients?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMol

Reaction score
So I went thrift shopping today. Even though I'm out of town, I figured I'd be productive.

And I found awesome things.

A new pot for a double boiler system so I don't need to microwave anymore, hooray! A stick blender for when I try cold process... and a brand new circle soap mold still in the plastic wrapping! :D

But the real reason for this thread... I found unused dyes and scents.

I'm wondering what the shelf life is on dyes and fragrance oils?

I found:

Life of the Party Essentials Cucumber Melon in packaging Copywrite 2001 on the back- Still smells yummy.

Something Fabulous Fragrance Grapefruit Blush in packaging Copywrite 2007 on the back. - Smells good too.

Life of the Party Holiday Dye pack in packaging Copywrite 2001 on the back - Look fine to me.

An unlabeled bottle of something that smells like a Christmas-y Pine FO. Thinking I might get rid of it because of the lack of label.

Glitter that looks exactly like Life of the Party Glitter, unlabeled though.

Life of the Party Natural Dusty Lilac Colorant - Looks fine, but I would like to know what's in it and if it bleeds.

And lastly,

Soap Expressions red Soap Dye - Bought at Hobby Lobby, never opened.

Trying to figure out what's in some of this and if it bleeds. I've tried looking up Life of the Party ingredients on Google and found vague descriptions of what its for. Also wondering if I should trust this stuff, since it might be kind of old.

Thanks in advance!

I have no idea...

I have some fo's that I bought a couple years ago and they still smell really good. I just used some that is at least a year old and it turned out ok.

I'm not much help, sorry.

Back