This isn't purple

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilnurse

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1383235843.526764.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1383235867.526800.jpg
Much to my dismay (and ignorance) my purple pigment powder morphed into gray/green in my soap. Still smells great (BB Lavender) but is very ugly. Debating my options.....

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I feel your pain. My beautiful deep blue/purple mica that was supposed to be CP-stable morphed to beige when I soaped it yesterday... :neutral:

Aw, yeah, that isn't purple. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you hoped.

It's still pretty - just not purple! I'll be soaping with some red pigment in a week or two and I too am wondering how it will come out in Castile soap...(and if it will come out all over my washcloth :D )

I forget the exact procedure, but there is a way to test colors with lye water to see how they will react in the soap. I'll try to find it.

You could rebatch it once you figure out what to use to make it purple, or just leave it as is, it is still pretty – just not the right type of pretty you were going for.

Latest posts

Back