Third batch and this one is MILK!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onugs

Reaction score
I just finished my first "Milk" based soap. I think it's going to be awesome! It took forever to trace, but once it did it looked great.

milk.jpg

OMG - even on my iPhone that looks gorgeous! Envy!!
I have no will power to make white but this might stop
My color addiction.

Does the top have texture going upwards?
So so lovely!!!! Kicking my kids of the big computer so I can see that pretty baby up close.

OMG - even on my iPhone that looks gorgeous! Envy!!
I have no will power to make white but this might stop
My color addiction.

Does the top have texture going upwards?
So so lovely!!!! Kicking my kids of the big computer so I can see that pretty baby up close.

LMAO!! :lolno:

LOL how do you keep it from gelling Obsidian? I'm too new at this stuff. :oops:

You put it in the freezer for 24-48 hours. That way it will keep its pretty light creamy color.

As promised. I found it to be a little on the wet side I guess this would be condensation. I have a fan on it now and seems to be working.

milk2.jpg

Looks really good. You can lessen condensation by thawing it in the fridge for 12 hours or so before bringing it to room temp.

WOW they look so nice! I bet it will lather up really great. I have never done a milk bar. What kind(s) of milk did you use? It looks so luscious!

WOW they look so nice! I bet it will lather up really great. I have never done a milk bar. What kind(s) of milk did you use? It looks so luscious!

I used whole organic milk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Soap Making mobile app

Wow! your milk soap looks so creamy! I bet it's gonna feel like silk on your skin. btw how big is your mold??!!

It's a four pounder. 18 x 3.5 x 3.5 I only poured it to 2.5 high on this run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Soap Making mobile app

Omg you're going to LOVE using milk soaps! They look SO good too! I remember making my first batch and added the lye water to the milk/oils @ too high temp and got a burnt smell, but it was OK b/c a week later, it had an awesome orange scent to it, lol. Go figure.

Back