Think I poured too soon

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemongirl

Reaction score
I wanted to try an in the pot swirl yesterday, but I don't think I mixed my soap up enough before I poured it in to the mould! I thought it looked like it was almost at trace - no tell tale trails in the mixture yet, but thought it might be ok...swirls didn't work out at all, as it was far too thin still, so the colours just sort of blended together, and now it's been about 20 hours since I poured and the mix is still not hard in the moulds. I stuck my finger in one (stupidly, thinking it would be hard) and it was like pudding - went right in. So what do I do? Have I completely screwed it up? Throw it out, or wait a few days to see if it hardens?

If it didn't gel, it could take a few days to harden up. If oil has separated out, then your soap is screwed, but otherwise give it up to a week.

Like she said, give it a few days. If it doesn't harden or if you see oil on top you can always learn to rebatch!

Latest posts

Back