The size of your loaf

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My molds that my hubby made for me make a log that is 24" long, 2.5 wide, & 3.5 deep. I also have a mold coming this week that is 13" long, 3.5 wide & 2.5 deep. I cut my bars at 1" thick. I hope that helps some.
BTW, great post about the beveler, I'm getting my hubby to make one for me!

angbaby4974 said:
My molds that my hubby made for me make a log that is 24" long, 2.5 wide, & 3.5 deep. I also have a mold coming this week that is 13" long, 3.5 wide & 2.5 deep. I cut my bars at 1" thick. I hope that helps some.
BTW, great post about the beveler, I'm getting my hubby to make one for me!

Thanks Angbaby, that's exactly the data I need.
And thank you for your comments on the beveller. Don't forget to post pics once you have it! :D

Hi Inodoro

my mold is 3.25W x 2.75D x 14L

We don't have anything like a tank available in Aus. ....as a straight-cut-challenged Aussie,I eagerly await the outcome of your soapcutter ponderings... :)

To all who have contributed to this thread:

After the latest developments on another thread, now locked by the mods, and as a consequence of a brief interchange of PMs with one of them, 2 things have become apparent to me:

1. That in this forum, some members are more "valued" than others.

2.That whatever vague excuses the mods may make to explain their actions, when it comes the time to try to reason with them, it all comes down to a "My way or the highway" policy.

So, being that I find those policies unacceptable, I have decided it's time for me to leave this forum.

My apologies to all for not delivering on my promise of a soap cutter. I was looking forward to develop it, and had already started buying the materials to build a prototype. Unfortunately, life has taken a different direction.

Thanks to all for your kindness. :)

I'm really sorry you have issues with the rules at SMF, but this hyperbole has to stop.

I'm locking this tread in hopes of heading off the drama.

This can all be dealt with after a good nights sleep and morning coffee.

Ok, the thread's unlocked now. Sorry, but I didn't want to wake up to something ugly.

Inodoro Pereyra, again, I'm sorry that you feel the mod team acts arbitrarily in regards to it's members.

We don't value some members more than others, we value a sense of community.
We may not always agree with each other, but like any community (or family) we can usually agree to 'get past it'. And usually with a minimum of flounce.

Back