The engery saving thread!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Becky said:
I know it sounds really basic, but my DH will have EVERY light in the house on if I don't keep at him. Plus the back porch light. Plus the front light. Plus the shed lights. And we will be sitting in the loungeroom watching TV.

Must be a "man" thing :lol: :lol:

Becky said:
I shut the door & don't waste the heat by trying to warm up the entire house. If I'm watching TV, I just take the doona off the bed & snuggle under it on the couch. The cats love it when I do that!! :lol:

I also close the vents and rooms we do not go in much like the extra bedroom. We invested in new windows for the house and I saw a noticable difference. Also an attic fan on a thermostat. Amazing difference in the summer.

Digit

just got my first electric bill....27.89...wooohoooooooooo

i hope it wasnt so low because of the fact that i might have started service in the middle of a billing period. So I think maybe at most itll be 60 bucks or so..??...been turning off my water heater every day after i shower (and youd be suprised how long hot water will keep in the boiler. I swear it was off for two days and the water was still hot...)

Mine was $500.00, down from $800.00 last July! It's for our shop/loft combined & is at a higher commercial rate though. This year we are keeping our AC set on 82. Last year I think it was set at 78.

If we have a kids are class I turn it down for a couple hours, no one wants to arm hot cranky kids w/ paint :? ...

Throwing a dry towel in the dryer w/ your wet laundry will shorten the number of minutes needed to dry a load.

Latest posts

Back