Textured tops and oven gel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackiK

Reaction score
My questions are: If I plan to gel in a 170 degree oven, will the texturing I do on the tops just melt away; or should I wait until after it is completely gelled to texture the tops?

Thank you! I've been pondering on this all morning. I'm dying to try the "cloud" look today. I think what I'm going to do is make a 3 lb. batch of blue and gel it in the oven. Then I'll make a batch of white whipped soap for the actual clouds and not gel that portion.

Wish me luck!

The textured and peaked tops nearly always hold up well to gelling in the oven. I've had a couple flop but that's all. The last one that flopped on me was scented with citrus essential oils in my standard recipe so I blame the EOs.

JackiK said:
Thank you! I've been pondering on this all morning. I'm dying to try the "cloud" look today. I think what I'm going to do is make a 3 lb. batch of blue and gel it in the oven. Then I'll make a batch of white whipped soap for the actual clouds and not gel that portion.

Wish me luck!

Sounds pretty!

Latest posts

Back