Tea & Toast

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggonegardener

Reaction score
Made this this afternoon. Couldn't wait to use my new stick blender.

It's "Tea & Toast". orange marmalade and black tea inside. Heavy cream as well. Stamped with my new stamp from Lazercuts.
Did a 1 pound test batch in my BB 10" mold and cut three squarish, large bars from that. HP.

Rene

tea-&-toast.gif

That's a really nice HP soap. I can't get mine to not marble. BTW I love Lazercutz they have made several stamps for me and I love their work.

It's HP, the "top" is away from you.

I plan to use crafter's choice 1701 mold for my final product. This is a test batch that I made in my BB 10" log mold. I cut three big, squarish bars. In my final product I plan to stamp the "bottom" and wrap with a band so my label covers the stamp (surprise!). I don't like to plane or bevel and wanted a rustic bar with the vaseline tops. I personally really like that look. Other than the tops this is really smooth soap. I did full water at 38% and added 2% heavy cream after the cook so it got really fluid. I poured it into the mold. It smells really good. Added CA for chelating and SL for hardness and sugar for lather.

And, for DW and others, it's got LARD! :)

Thanks for the comments.

Rene

Well I was going to give you some compliments, till I read that lard statement. :)

Ok, great looking soap and I also really like the stamp. It seems the more I get back into this, the more I like the more simplistic looking soaps. Yours looks great.

And you have a very interesting website. Nice job.

What a beautiful soap. I'm going to try my first soap batch today. Can hardly wait. I've done tons of research, and so happy I found this soap forum. Hoping to make gorgeous soaps like yours soon.

Latest posts

Back