Tea as a fragrant?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alvonia

Reaction score
Yup, thats my question for today.
If I make a strong herbal tea and use it instead of my water in soap - will it then make any fragrant to my soaps?

My wholeseller wont ship unless i buy for over 50dollars and that`s allot for just some EO`s. (and they dont have the EOs i want in healtstores)

What if I use an infusion of herbs in oils?
Havent gotten that far yet.
Anybody tried it?

I made some soap with green tea to use on my weird acneic facial skin. Although I had no breakouts and it works fine for me, I can't say it smells of tea at all. I boiled the tea and let it steep overnight. Oh, and the soap is brown.

Now, as far as herbal infusions in oils go, I have no idea, but I am infusing some rosemary and bay leaves in jojoba these days, to use in a shampoo bar. I plan on infusing these for a few weeks. Hope that helps! I'd like to hear what other more experienced people have to say on that.

:wink: I'm sorry; but if you really want a good strong scent, tea and herbal infusions aren't going to do that for you.
Spending 50 bugs on EO's or FO's wouldn't be very hard for most soapers :lol:

What dagmar said . A little eo goes a long way , so if you buy some scents that do well alone and are good for blending scents , you will more than get your monies worth .

Kitn

Oh my. I meant 500 dollars.. :lol:

I dont need a strong cents, but any cents at all would be grate. Ill have to search their catalog to see if there is anything else i would like to try.

(And then I need to try a small batch of tea/herbs infusion in my base, just to try it out. )

:? That's a lot of money! I'm sure if you look around there are other companies with good quality FO/EO's.
From my experience, tea will not give any scent at all...

Latest posts

Back