tart ?????

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campbell3609

Reaction score
I made some tarts this weekend and used Paraffin wax and they bubbled on the tops and look like a lot of air bubbles in side of them does anyone know what i did wrong? I made the exact same ones with the same Paraffin wax and FO last week and they didn't do that. and suggest would be helpful. thanks

You poured the wax too cool. And also if you pour to high into the tart shell they will bubble up much like mp soap if you pour way too high they bubble up automatically.

campbell3609 said:
I made some tarts this weekend and used Paraffin wax and they bubbled on the tops and look like a lot of air bubbles in side of them does anyone know what i did wrong? I made the exact same ones with the same Paraffin wax and FO last week and they didn't do that. and suggest would be helpful. thanks

Try pouring the wax into a warm mold.Keep an eye on the wax pouring temp.
Tapping the sides or running a wooden dowel on the inside to release the trapped ones should do the trick.

Weather temps are changing, a few minor adjustments should help :)

Good luck.

Munky.

THANKS THAT WAS QUICK. I THINK I WILL PUT THE MOLD IS THE OVEN JUST FOR A MIN. BEFORE I POUR TO SEE IF THAT HELPS. THANKS AGAIN.

campbell3609 said:
THANKS THAT WAS QUICK. I THINK I WILL PUT THE MOLD IS THE OVEN JUST FOR A MIN. BEFORE I POUR TO SEE IF THAT HELPS. THANKS AGAIN.
did it help?

I find when pouring tarts of soy I need to have the wax just short of "slushy" - I can feel some resistance when stirring but it's not cloudy yet. With paraffin I pour at 140.

Back