Tart newbie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevvy

Reaction score
Just a couple of questions. How do you store your tarts?? And how to layer them??

Thanks

storing tarts

I still pack them in cello bags and I store them in a plastic tote or a basket inside of a tote - I dont seem to have any problems with the scents mixing or anything.

tart

thanks puddin1970. I'm not sure what a tote is. But could I store them in a container with the lid on, or would that make them go soft.

Tarts

bevvy...it all depends on what type of wax you are using. If you are using a straight soy...soy is soft and drys out and in time can crumble. Anything else would be fine in a covered container. If you really want to spend a little more you can buy an item that is called a clam shell. You can use it as a mold then close the shell and you have a storage unit. Usually 6 tarts to a shell.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Pr ... uctID=6027

This makes a nice presentation.

ML

I am using Ecosoya wax. I just put them in the container. I have been using flexible small moulds just to try them out.

So far I am not getting much scent at all even is I leave them for a week. So I'm guessing I'm not putting enough Fragrance in them or that the fragrance isn't working well with the wax.

How much fragrance do you all use.

Thanks

ecosoy

I use KYSoy...1 ounce per pound should be sufficient. There are some rules to follow regarding temperature and when to add FO. If you add FO while Temp is too high it could burn your FO off. Check with the manufactures recomendations for adding FO. Another problem could be the FO itself...some FO just don't do well in soy.

Check out this site you might find it quite useful.

www.scentforum.com

HTH

MLJ

Latest posts

Back