tangerine tea w/ poppy seeds and oat bran exfolient

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubato456

Reaction score
i just poured my 2nd cp batch.....i can't wait to see if it works. i did a 1/2 batch as this was a bit of an experiement. i used the basic soap recipe of soap maker's companion, but i brewed two celestial seasons tangerine orange zinger tea bags in for a few minutes with the lye. it got quite dark and didn't take long to brew.

i used a silicone loaf pan as a mold, sprinkled with oat bran (to give a rustic top, exfoliant?) and at trace i mixed in 2 tb of poppy seeds and my new lavender essential oil i just got....i know the lavendar doesn't exactly go with tangerine..but i love lavendar and i don't have any tangerine or citrus fragrence now. it's just an experiment.

i covered with the top with plastic freezer paper this time. i hope this inhibits the white powder.l i'll post pix tomorrow. assuming the soap gels and all. keeping fingers crossed! i love this board, there is so much great info here!

I love how we can come up with amazing soaping ideas! This one sounds really interesting and I can't wait to see pics.....even if you are not totally happy with it, I bet we all love it! Pics, pics, pics....... :wink:

Tanya :)

Back