Sweet orange?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have checked the description on both Wholesale Supplies Plus and Camden Grey and in Alicia Gorsso's book, none of them mention any discoloration with sweet oragne. However Camden Grey does state that
there's a chance of photo toxicity on skin exposed to the sun.

I have always used sweet orange in combination with other e.o.s. I love it when combined with cedarwood.

lsg said:
I have checked the description on both Wholesale Supplies Plus and Camden Grey and in Alicia Gorsso's book, none of them mention any discoloration with sweet oragne. However Camden Grey does state that
there's a chance of photo toxicity on skin exposed to the sun.

I have always used sweet orange in combination with other e.o.s. I love it when combined with cedarwood.
The photo toxicity thing is only an issue for leave onroducts like lotion.

But it doesn't stick in CP soap. Some try to "anchor" it with other EOs but I've not found that it works well.

Thanks everyone.

Had a bit of trouble, once the soap reached trace i added the sweet orange but I can no longer smell it?! Must try it again but as meantioned maybe using a 5x or 10x :(

It seems to be an ongoing issue with some of the citrus oils. Litsea Cubeba (May Chang) is known to be a good anchor for citrus oils.

Good luck!

I use folded (5x or 10x from CG and Brambleberry) orange oil anchored with either lemongrass or litsea and it sticks just fine.

In my experience, it turns soap a little yellowy.

I anchor it with patchouli, but I have heard orris root or using orange powder would help make it stick I just haven't got around of trying it yet.

Latest posts

Back