Sweet Almond Oil VS Almond Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevolutionSoap

Reaction score
I have a recipe that I want to use that calls for Sweet Almond Oil. I have in my possession two different kinds of Almond Oil and really only want to use it up before it expires.
41kwpx1UooL.jpg
ff6fff2d-7402-4c9c-9835-ffe11e76b2b7_1.0fcfa73d26763b6366fa82383c06f772.jpeg

Can they be used interchangeably?

According to their listing, Jaloma Almond oil is supposed to contain Sweet Almond oil, BUT there is a disclaimer that Walmart hasn't verified that that's what it is and doesn't vouch for it, and listing just says it contains Sweet Almond Oil but doesn't list the ingredients.
Does it have an ingredient list on the bottle, by any chance? Otherwise, I'd use it, but at 25% or less of the oils formula, simply because all they're saying is it's a bottle of oil that contains Sweet Almond Oil, and reviews suggest that it does appear to be cut with something. Without knowing what that something is, I'd use it in soap but keep it a minority ingredient.
The De la Cruz looks a bit more trustworthy.

Take a close look at this and see if it is the same product you have:

https://www.skinsafeproducts.com/jaloma-oil-3-olive-almond-castor-4-fl-oz
It looks similar to me, but it's hard to say without a photo of the back of the bottle with the ingredient list.

If it's the same, it is not pure Almond oil, but a mix of other ingredients.'

Edit: spelling correction.

Last edited:
As long as the two are both pure almond oil, they should be the same thing. The only other kind of almond oil you can get is bitter almond essential oil which you definitely do not want to use in soap!

Now if one of those is not a pure almond oil...than who knows.

So definitely not pure. But I'll find something I can do with it. Suggestions are welcome. :)

Last edited:
You should always read the ingredients list before you consider adding anything to soap. From the ingredient list, you what determine which ones are in the higher and lower percentages based on the order in which they appear.

Obviously, the COSMETIC product, Jaloma's Emollient Skin Softener Haircare contains more Soy Oil, and even more ethylhexyl cocoate than Sweet Almond Oil.

So, no, I would not add this to soap.

Here's the ingredient list.
Hahaha... Yeah that's not something I would add to soap, there are too many variables for sap value. I'm pretty sure the other additives would mess with saponification, but I'm too lazy to Google how they would react to lye. You might throw it into a batch of body butter or lotion as an experiment, though.

Latest posts

Back