Sweat droplets in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans4reezy

Reaction score
There are sweat droplets in my soap. Is this a problem? Should I be concerned?

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1376848314.106233.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1376848331.158523.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

If this is a newly made soap I wouldnt be concerned yet. Give it a little more time and see what happens. They could absorb back into the soap and if it doesnt zap all will be well again. :)

If this is a newly made soap I wouldnt be concerned yet. Give it a little more time and see what happens. They could absorb back into the soap and if it doesnt zap all will be well again. :)

Ok! Thanks!!!

Youre welcome. I think this is caused by the peeking portion of the new addiction. Whats my soap doing now, and now? Welcome to the addiction! :)

Youre welcome. I think this is caused by the peeking portion of the new addiction. Whats my soap doing now, and now? Welcome to the addiction! :)

Thank you! I'm so happy to be here! It's funny too; because I can't wait until next weekend to start soaping again!

Some of it has absorbed, but there are still a couple of droplets.

Just cut the soap. It's very sticky with discoloration on top. Back to the drawing board next weekend

Last edited:
How long ago did you pour it? I think you may be rushing it a bit.

How long ago did you pour it? I think you may be rushing it a bit.

I poured last night at five and unmolded next day at 8pm. S0, more than 24 hr cure time. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1376874690.710572.jpg

Well I cant help with the discoloration because I dont use FO's or colorants besides herbs. The stickyness might be because youre cutting too soon. I have some recipes that i wait a week to cut and others that can sit in the mold almost indefinitely, and there are some that need to be cut within a few hours or less. It all depends on the recipe-Ha, typing that reminded me of the two little ladies on The Waltons who made 'The Recipe' LOL. Anyway...

Next batch you make-if its the same recipe, try cutting one slice at a time. If its sticky one day, wait 12 or 24 hours and cut another slice, you can always adjust the time intervals and keep going till you run out of soap or get a nice cut that you are happy with and slice up the rest.

Also, If you feel like posting your recipe, someone might chime in with a round about cutting time for the oils you use.

Oh, and fyi, solidifying, drying and curing are not necessarily the same thing...

Well I cant help with the discoloration because I dont use FO's or colorants besides herbs. The stickyness might be because youre cutting too soon. I have some recipes that i wait a week to cut and others that can sit in the mold almost indefinitely, and there are some that need to be cut within a few hours or less. It all depends on the recipe-Ha, typing that reminded me of the two little ladies on The Waltons who made 'The Recipe' LOL. Anyway...

Next batch you make-if its the same recipe, try cutting one slice at a time. If its sticky one day, wait 12 or 24 hours and cut another slice, you can always adjust the time intervals and keep going till you run out of soap or get a nice cut that you are happy with and slice up the rest.

Also, If you feel like posting your recipe, someone might chime in with a round about cutting time for the oils you use.

Oh, and fyi, solidifying, drying and curing are not necessarily the same thing...

The Baldwin Sisters and "papa's recipe", LOL

Sure! I used 30% coconut oil, 30% hazelnut oil, 10 % mango butter, 10 % cocoa butter, and
20% safflower oil.

Back