Humidity Issues

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi every buddy!

I've just arrived in Singapore and it's madly humid. Some of the soaps I brought from Islamabad (it's madly dry there!) are sweating and feel a little icky. I've looked through the forum for solutions and these are what I've gleaned:
  • Turn on a ceiling fan – I've tried this and even out another standing fan close by but it isn't helping.
  • Place soaps in an air-conditioned room – this is quite expensive, so I cannot resort to this, as tempting as it is.
Would placing the soaps in the fridge help? I am at my wits' end!!!!

Have you tried ziplock plastics bags ? or even plastic wrap ? with the ziplock bag when closing put a straw in one corner of the bag close the zip up to that point and suck out the air out of the bag....keeping suction then pull it out and seal the last portion, creating an airtight seal.... no contact with the elements [ humidity ] no sweating. if you don't have ziplock bags then plastic wrap may work once the soaps are dry wrap them in plastic to stop contact with the elements as well . try it to see if it works for you .

Have you tried ziplock plastics bags ? or even plastic wrap ? with the ziplock bag when closing put a straw in one corner of the bag close the zip up to that point and suck out the air out of the bag....keeping suction then pull it out and seal the last portion, creating an airtight seal.... no contact with the elements [ humidity ] no sweating. if you don't have ziplock bags then plastic wrap may work once the soaps are dry wrap them in plastic to stop contact with the elements as well . try it to see if it works for you .

Thank you for this suggestion! I might have to try the plastic wrap route… I am already stressing as I have to give these soaps gifts :(

Search for posts on humidity by Dawni. She lives in the Philippines and might have shared some ideas. I think it might have been her that suggested putting sweating soap in a bag or box with raw rice. If you can stop the sweating, wrap in plastic immediately.
I’m wrapping the soaps up tomorrow!!! Praying for the best! Thank you sooo much ❤️

Thank you so much everyone for the advice. I dried the soaps in the fridge and this morning took them out. I turned the fan on to get rid of the condensation and wiped them down. The cling wrap worked like a dream! The only soap that refused to behave was the honey and beeswax one.

Latest posts

Back