Quantcast

Super quick trace and super hot mixture?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

paupau

Reaction score
Ok...this is only my second batch of soap and the results are soooo different from the first. I tried to formulate my own recipe.

CO 25%
VS 25%
Lard 30%
OO 13%
PO 7%

lye discount 5%

Plus I substituted 2/3 of water for coconut milk. I dissolved the lye in 1/3 of the water, added it to my oils, both at 110 degrees. At a light trace I added my coconut milk. and then all %**#@# broke loose. I went to very hot, and stiff mashed potatoes. I used a stick blender and everything happened very fast. I think the whole process didn't take more than 7 minutes.

I tried to add EO's to half of the mixture, but that didn't go over to well. I forced the soap into my molds. (2 empty paper milk cartons) It is really hot, I insulated the cartons

the logic if there is any behind my formulation is ... I am trying to come up with something for my dogs, and in the post I read that for dogs it was better to have more CO than OO. I chose lard because I liked the qualities of it and the VS because it's cheap and easy to find. I used the coconut milk because I thought it would add creaminess.

I am going to try this recipe again but at a lower temp...if anyone has any suggestions.......PLEAZZZZE let me know. Thanks :?:

soapbuddy

Reaction score
Can you read the ingredients in your coconut milk?
If it has any sugar that could make soap overheat
If it has any guar gum, that will turn it into a soap on a stick.

Irena

paupau

Reaction score
thanks for the info
the one I used is just coconut milk and potassium metaisulfite(preservative)

my second can does have guar gum so I won't be using this one.

Latest posts