Sunflower & Soy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candybee

Reaction score
This is my sunflower and soybean oil soap. I am experimenting with these oils as they are not ones I traditionally use in soapmaking. I scented it with Daffodil FO and it smells just like spring!

Sunflower & Soy2.jpg

Sunflower & Soy3.jpg

Sunflower & Soy4.jpg

Thank you ladies. The "green" color is actually supposed to be yellow like the yellow you see in the top. I just CP'd it yesterday so I am hoping the green will cure back to yellow. But it still is a pretty color-- just not Daffodilly. LOL

Oh, my gosh, that's lovely! :clap: And it reminded me that if Spring doesn't get here pretty soon I'm gonna come unstuck. :crazy:

i forgot to ask, how much soy and sunflower were you using? i am really curious as to how this soap will hold up over time in regards to dos.

i forgot to ask, how much soy and sunflower were you using? i am really curious as to how this soap will hold up over time in regards to dos.

Since this was an experiment I went over the recommended Iodine level. I used 30% sunflower and 10% soy. I am really loving how the soap feels even thou its only a couple days old my skin loves it. Will see if any DOS develops.

Today I made a second batch readjusting my oils to be within the Iodine reco. I lowered my sunflower to 25% and switched out the soy for avocado. The soap property numbers look good on soapcalc but I will have to wait and see if I like this recipe the same or better. I will post pics of the second batch in a day or two.

thanks for answering that, candybee. who knows, the soap might be okay. i remember a few recipes in kathy miller's site which are using lotsa canola and soybean. no complaints for dos.

I really love those bars! The color combo and the swirls are so beautiful!

Latest posts

Back