sugar in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been going to try this to see if it will boost the lather. I make palm-free soaps and it's a battle to get lots of bubbles.

For those that have used sugar, did you notice much improvement in bubbliness of lather & if so, at what rate ppo?

I sure did...nice, big, bubbles. I dissolve the sugar in a bit of distilled water or Aloe Vera juice then strain it into my oils before adding the lye mixture. Never had a problem and love the effect.

I put a 10lbs batch together a couple days ago which I plan to remove from the mold tonight after work. I wanted to make a sort of brown/white sugar swirl. I split the batch from the get go and added a couple tablespoons to each half (two TBLSpoons of a rich brown sugar in half and two TBLspoons of white icing sugar in the other half). It was a total experiment that I just imagined, I'll post how it looks tonight when it comes out.

Honey is a humectant, drawing moisture to itself. Sugar boosts lather. Molasses has antioxidants. I just finished the three sugar soap from Soaping 101. Can't say much except that it's been raining for days and my soap is having a hard time of it drying. They will discolor the soap so you plan on it.

Honey is a humectant, drawing moisture to itself. Sugar boosts lather. Molasses has antioxidants. I just finished the three sugar soap from Soaping 101. Can't say much except that it's been raining for days and my soap is having a hard time of it drying. They will discolor the soap so you plan on it.

Would love to see pics of your 3 sugar soap. I've been wanting to make it since seeing the video but my first honey try didn't come out so good.

Weren't we supposed to be getting all of this rain in April instead of the snow we got :thumbdown:

Back