Subbing coconut milk powder for goat milk powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessC

Reaction score
I'm thinking about making a really simple bath soak recipe that I've been using and giving it to one of my friends as part of her Christmas gift. It's just powdered milk, salt, and a bit of FO, nothing fancy but it smells nice and would be super-easy to make up, dump into some bath salt tubes, put a pretty label on them, and drop it in her basket.

I've been using powdered goat milk (which is what the original site I found it on recommended anyway) since I have it on hand, but she's vegan, so that's obviously a no-go. Would an equal amount of coconut milk powder work just as well, or would I need more or less of it than the goat milk? Also, none of the sites say anything about a preservative and I *think* that'll be okay since it's going into individual salt tubes and won't have bath water dripped or dribbled into a big jar of it, but I wanted to make sure that's okay since it does have a food-ish substance in it. I can order a preservative at the same time I order the tubes if needed.

TIA for the help! :D

I'd love it. And com eto think of it, i have coconut powder.

Tess where do you get your individual salt tubes? And how much is needed for an individual bath? Thanks

Krickett

WSP has them. They're cheap and hold quite a bit - 5 oz of bath salts, but obviously less (by weight) of a milk bath type of product. They look really nice when they're filled, and the top is shrink wrapped, which is a must b/c they lids can pop off if they get rubbed. I tie a cardstock label around them with a ribbon that coordinates with my lable, or a piece of raffia.

Latest posts

Back