Student? Got a University Email? FREE SOFTWARE!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.dreamspark.com/Default.aspx

Just thought I would share that with everyone, I got Microsoft Expression Web 3 which I now use for all of my web development needs etc... and some other programs... for FREE... all they require is that you are a student (or can provide them with a students email address that is .edu )

so I saved $600 or more by doing that (and mind you Ive been out of school for a while now, but my little bros just entered college... so I asked them for their university email account passwords/info and voile!!! FREE SOFTWARE!!)

They also have tutorials on how to use all of the stuff as well... its real good stuff ! :)

The ONLY downside is you need to have a cd burner, they send you a .ISO file that is like the file you save to your cpu when you make back-ups of your software that you have purchased from the store, so you need software that can burn .ISO to a new disk. I use Infrarecorded (again FREE)... and it works like a charm!!! :)

Hope that helps someone :)

I do ...

but I don't know what any of that stuff is or what it does! :)

But thanks a lot for the info ... I love free stuff!

lol no worries!! alot of it is web design, animation, and game creation and sutff ... stuff for servers and all of that type of stuff :)

:) I did it primarily for the Microsoft Web Expression 3, its kinda like Dreamweaver... costs like $600 to buy it... but freeeeeeeeeee is good :) its fun to play with too...

shhhhh, don't tell anyone; over here we're still allowed to downloaaaad
happy.gif

Ian,

All of that 'stuff' is over my head but I will let the hubby look at it when ne gets in. Thanks!

Tabitha said:
Ian,

All of that 'stuff' is over my head but I will let the hubby look at it when ne gets in. Thanks!

lol dag.. hubby not letting you download anything!! lol

tab... no worries!! alot of it is over my head too, but i would love to learn to use some of that stuff (which is in essence why they started dreamspark I think.) they have a tutorials/walkthrough section with actual video courses and tests in the programs, like it brings up a fake copy of said program and asks you to do things in it, tells you if it got it correct, and if not, how to correct your mistake etc...

so its goooood stuff :) I cant even believe I found it... or havent shared it until now! lol

:wink: hubby can't even type his own name on a computer.
Over here we don't get sued for downloading (yet!)
So we can all have a pc full of goodies for free :p

lol they can only sue you if they can find you... and I usually bank on the fact that there are about 1 billion bigger fishes to fry than me downloading Dreadlock Holiday by 10CC or some software that someone happens to post a "key" for online... Im just glad I didnt have to do that in this case, and that its legit... they assign you a 1 time use unlock code... so its good stuff :)

So what did you say your brother's university email account was again?

carillon said:
So what did you say your brother's university email account was again?

lol

[email protected]

jkjkjj

lol

youd never think they were related to me, (*theyre twins) and 5 yrs younger than I... but outweigh me by 100 pounds at least... solid muscle bodybuilders etc... and theyre like 6 ft7 lol huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

Back