Stick Blender Issues

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just recently picked up a new one at Costco. The first time I used it, I was so frustrated. Isn’t it funny how learning something new can be challenging - not to mention while you are making soap! Happy with it now and I didn’t experience bubbles. I believe I got it for $40, but here’s what the website lists it at today:
View attachment 71293

So, earlier on in this process I went by the Cuisinart website and was overwhelmed by the variations, different models, and I would swear it looks like they fart out a whole batch of new models every other month or something! Gah!
But bellwise and attachment-wise, that looks like the same model I have for food, and was considering using their most latest version of that model for oleogels and approaching the gumption to CP.

I had the Braun, while it looks like it has a massive deep dome shaped head they have a flat piece on the inside of it making it shallow. I have found that what really is important is the stick that holds the blending tool. If there is wobble in there it seems to create air bubbles.

Got it! Thank you.

Wobble: Good for bass, bad for stick blender making soap! ;)

Apologies if I did not respond with a personal 'thank you' for info - I got a bit lost on the thread after taking some downtime/away time (because I am in and out with health (read: Pain!) dramas).
I sincerely appreciate this conversation and not only will I remember more of the details because of anecdotes and the conversation, but it helps organise the information in my head which is a feat rarely accomplished these daze.

Thank you, everyone!
Stay tuned for my CP recipe confusion posts, and then all my posts with photos titled, "What did I do wrong?!?"
LOLOLOLOL

Yes, I have that backwards.
Thank you for explaining - I sincerely appreciate that.
Honestly, I think I am more trying to talk myself into buying a wholly separate device which is similar if not the same as a device we already have for a different purpose. heh heh Shopping! (usually the part I like the best - except with stick blenders there are too many options)
Rest assured, none of us here will ever talk you out of the joy of buying more equipment, ingredients. Quite the opposite. 😁

I just recently picked up a new one at Costco. The first time I used it, I was so frustrated. Isn’t it funny how learning something new can be challenging - not to mention while you are making soap! Happy with it now and I didn’t experience bubbles. I believe I got it for $40, but here’s what the website lists it at today:
View attachment 71293
These are what I use and I really like them. If you live in the northeast you can get these at Ocean State Job Lot for $40 and get a $40 gift card, so they are essentially free. (No storage bag.) I have two of the business ends next to me while I work so I can quickly swap if I need to. The lock button was hard for me at first but now I don’t even notice it.

Been reading this thread because my $15 Kitchensmith (250 watts) stick blender’s shaft is wobbly, a button is missing, and it blends plenty of bubbles into soap batter even after burping (I suspect it’s the air in the shaft, but not sure). For the price, it’s served me well for more than 100 batches! 😂

So I’m shopping for a new one. For what it’s worth, these stick blenders are on sale in the US for Black Friday!

This $27.60 Masterchef one has a low bell, only 400 watts but comes with a milk frother attachment:
https://a.co/d/5fuREQx
This $34 Ganiza 800watt one looks like it has a slightly higher bell, but comes with a variety of attachments including a milk frother, has 15 speeds plus turbo, and sounds sturdy:
Amazon.com

Last edited:
The lock button has never bothered me. I stick blend in 3-5 second bursts.

Oh, fun fact I'm embarrassed that I only recently learned. You can release the unlock button and don't need to hold it down continuously and simultaneously with the on button. :nodding:
Omg you can?? Embarrassing! I've been using mine for like 2 years and had no idea!

I bought mine on Amazon as an Amazon refurbished. I think it was like $25. Came with the box and the cup and everything, along with a 90 day warranty and is still going strong.

And now I'm just going to pretend I knew this info about the lock button

Omg you can?? Embarrassing! I've been using mine for like 2 years and had no idea!

I bought mine on Amazon as an Amazon refurbished. I think it was like $25. Came with the box and the cup and everything, along with a 90 day warranty and is still going strong.

And now I'm just going to pretend I knew this info about the lock button
Um, thanks for resurrecting this confession? LOL.

The lock button has never bothered me. I stick blend in 3-5 second bursts.

Oh, fun fact I'm embarrassed that I only recently learned. You can release the unlock button and don't need to hold it down continuously and simultaneously with the on button. :nodding:
Wait what… I probably knew this and forgot. I found the lock button awkward at first too @dibbles but now it seems easy. I really like these stick blenders. I have three of them because I got them for free (kind of) from Ocean State Job Lot - New Englanders here’s the link: https://www.oceanstatejoblot.com/cu...orage-case-factory-refurbished/product/270661 I have posted this before but worth posting again!

Wait what… I probably knew this and forgot. I found the lock button awkward at first too @dibbles but now it seems easy. I really like these stick blenders. I have three of them because I got them for free (kind of) from Ocean State Job Lot - New Englanders here’s the link: https://www.oceanstatejoblot.com/cu...orage-case-factory-refurbished/product/270661 I have posted this before but worth posting again!
Et tu, Brutus?! Whyze everyone resurrecting this post?! Santa's watching and making lists, hopeyaknow!

Et tu, Brutus?! Whyze everyone resurrecting this post?! Santa's watching and making lists, hopeyaknow!
@dmcgee5034 so true! I'm so used to the lock button now I push where it would be on my stickblender that doesn't have one 😂
I did the exact same thing making potato leek soup with my kitchen stick blender recently!
Also (points @LucyFae) she did it first! It’s her fault!
I just realized I already mentioned the Ocean State Job Lot deal in this exact same thread… 😬 What can I say I’ve had a cold and cold medicine makes my head cloudy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back