Square Card Reader (Canada)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For everyone who has been using the square, how is it? I got it for my property maintenance business but have never used it. Do you bump up your prices to reflect the % that it cost to use it? I'm wondering if its paying off having it and having to pay the % fee.

I've been using the square card reader for about a year and half now, and I think it's great! It's quick and does the job and it's easy to use. customers around my city are familiar with it because almost everyone at craft shows use them.

Ok I got to use it twice this weekend and it was awesome. So simple and easy to use. And customers are cool with it. I was worried they would be worried about privacy or security issues but nope.

People spend more when you can take cards - just this weekend I was asked at least five times if I take cards- and with the growing popularity of Square, it seems that people are getting used to the system. I much prefer Square over Paypal's mobile service; the reporting is much better and I have way fewer issues with the app itself.
The fee is worth the added sales.

Back