speeding up the cure time

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CajunLady

Reaction score
This may have been addressed on here before but I am new to this site and looked but could not find it. Is there anyway to speed up the cure time on CP soaps? I am selling at a Festival on Feb 2 and the new soaps that I made a couple of days ago probably will not be ready. thank you

Thank you. That is what I thought but figured it would not hurt to ask. I will just save those bars for the next event a couple of weeks later. Can I just tell you how wonderful my house smells since I started making soaps....especially right now with the Peppermint ones just sitting there.:razz:

Last edited:
Part of the curing process is a reduction in water. If you do a steep water discount (Increase lye concentration) that will increase the cure time but only by a week or so. Saponification is complete usually within 48 hours unless you are not gelling your soap.

Being the newbie that I am, I'm curious why putting your soap into some sort of low temp oven wouldn't speed up the process? This should drive off the water and/or speed up any chemical reactions that are occurring. No experience here, just thinking of things from a chemistry point of view.

Paintguru yes if you oven process your soap you are basically doing a hot process in the mould and it too will shorten cure time.

Latest posts

Back