Spearmint EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought some Spearmint EO - LOVE IT - my question is this....is it the same kind of irritant that Peppermint is? I am so in love with this scent and want to use it in a soap.....

Lindy,

I love spearmint too. :) :)
I hope it's not an irritant, I would really like to buy some.

Do you mind sharing with me where you bought yours?

Jude

Thanks, Lindy.
Using it in a cream for aromatherapy sounds wonderful!!

:)

Jude

I was also thinking of adding some menthol liquid for the cooling effect.. you know.. for sore muscles.. (I think I posted that somewhere else too, lol)

i used spearmint and rosemary in my green and cream castile and the smell is great and i have been using the soap with no tingle or anything like peppermint has done before.

Thank you! I really love this scent too - yup, going to have to make some soap with it and some lotion bars......it's good to know it is less irrating than peppermint....

KSL said:
I was also thinking of adding some menthol liquid for the cooling effect.. you know.. for sore muscles.. (I think I posted that somewhere else too, lol)

You need very, very little of menthol. It's very strong.

artisan soaps said:
mandolyn said:
No tingle with spearmint. I use it in a spa bar that's just so fresh smelling.

That's great to know - Thanks!

Can you recommend an approx amount to use ?

And by spa bar, do you mean a salt bar or is that another soaping term that I don't know about yet?

I use .7 oz per lb of oils with EO's. My spa bar doesn't have salt, it's just my scent blend that reminds me of ocean breezes - fresh & clean smelling. I should try it with salt, though. Some day!!

artisan soaps said:
Thanks mandolyn .. Your bars sound lovely!

You're welcome & thanks. It's one of my best sellers. I did bath salts to match, but they didn't sell. My customers say they don't have time to soak in a tub!

Back