Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes and Herbs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes and Herbs

Ingredients:
1 Medium Spaghetti squash
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
...1/2 cup diced onions
2 teaspoons Olive Oil
1 Can Diced Tomatoes, drained
1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil
1/8 teaspoon Dried Oregano
Grated Parmesan Cheese (or other prefered cheese)

Slice squash in half, place face down on cookie sheet & bake 30 minutes. Scoop insides out (should be in strings like spaghetti). Sauté garlic & onions in Olive Oil or butter until it's soft. Add the tomatoes, basil, and oregano to the garlic and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes. Spoon the garlic tomatoe mixture on top of squash. Top with grated parmesan or romano cheese. *You can use canned or jarred sauce if you prefer. *NOTE: Your kids will NOT know this is squash unless you tell them :p
See More

Love spaghetti squash,but haven't been able to get for a few years. :cry: They look at you as if you have two heads when asking for it. Think I'll have to look for seeds and grow it.

Relle.

I did not use this recipe, but I used the spaghetti squash to make my regular spaghetti dish last night ( I use turkey meat and Prego). I would not say its exactly like spaghetti, but its good and it is worth switching to sqaush because I save so many calories. I will definitely use it again.

Latest posts

Back