Soy Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbie.johnson

Reaction score
So I'm looking to make some more milk soaps, but be vegan frendly at the same time. I was kinda stuck, then whamm .. Soy Milk. Is working with it any different than other milks. I us mainly buttermilk in my milks soaps so far. Or does the lack of lactic acid make it funky? hummm thoughts and opinons or experiences would be awsome..
Thanks All.
Bobbie

I am guessing ya use it in the same way ya make goats milk soap. I am going to make a Almond milk soap........as soon as I can convince my mother that I won't burn myself or anything in the house LOL.

Last edited:
I am not sure about soy milk, but I know lots of people have mentioned using coconut milk.

I've made soap using soy milk powder and I added it to the oils prior to adding the lye. Worked just great. If you are going to use it liquid then I would treat it like any other milk and freeze it. As already mentioned there are lots of vegan milks available so you can have all kinds of options.

Lindy what do you think about this? I have soy flour. And on the side of the bag it has a recipe on how to make soy milk with it. They tell you how to strain it at the end. I have been thinking about trying that. I wouldn't think it would be good to use say, Silk Soy Milk or others like it because of the unneccesary additives. But I'm also curious what attributes you have seen in the soaps you used the soy milk powder in?

AngelMomma I say try it, but do a small batch. I honestly can't say what benefits other than lather that soy milk brings to the soap, but I haven't taken the time to really learn about soy as it has never been something that interested me. If you do can you let us know how it turned out?

Will do. I am hoping to get some soapy projects done with spring break starting. Kids have to go tomorrow and then we are FREEEE!!! Yay!

I've used soy milk. Just like others have said, treat it the same way as regular milk. It will brown if you add your lye to it ( I assume from the sugars since it was a store bought soy milk, it might not brown if it's homemade soy milk without added sugar ). It didn't make a difference in the soap though.

Latest posts

Back