Something funny to share...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nurse_75

Reaction score
I live in the Tropics and currently we are experiencing rain unseen for this time of the year... a delightful deluge which is welcome relief from the hot/dry weather we have had all through September.

I took the opportunity to fill up my kids clam shell pools with rain water thinking I could use it for soaping... (newbie and novice soaper here so forgive me if this was a little misguided).

Anyway... a friend and her little ones visited today and the kids were splashing in the puddles and playing in the rain. Her 2 1/2 year old ran over to the pool, jumped in and pee'd in both of them.

My friend informed she may wait for my next batch of soap...

Pools emptied and refilling as we speak.

Sharna

Shall I guess your in Nth QLD then lol. I'm in Cairns!!! And this rain is great but I was already to make my beer soap until it started pouring down....now I'm waiting till it stops because something funky always happens if I soap while it's raining ;)

Kids...gotta love 'em, the little stinkers. :lol:

I don't think it's misguided to try to collect rainwater for soaping. Someone else mentioned using it in an old post.

Cuckoo Bananas - I am in Cairns also. Isn't this rain great! I too am putting off making a batch as I am not sure what the humidity might do.

Hazel - thanks for the encouragement. I just thought with our abundance of rain water I might save money on busy distilled from the shops.

Thing with rain water is that it tends to gathers impurities while being collected. I read some time ago about collecting rain water for drinking. Problem is that you end up with dust, bird poo, insects, and other yummy stuff in it.

Bottom line is that you need to be extra careful with the collecting and bottle it immediately. Maybe buy or make a cheap charcoal filter.

On the other hand, maybe the pee-birdpoo-beetle recipe will be the biggest breakthrough since soapmaking was discovered. Wise people say that you have to try everything - once.

LOL that's funny.

I drank untreated rain water from a tank for years so I'd be quite happy to use it in soap and I have. :wink:

Bubbles Galore said:
I drank untreated rain water from a tank for years so I'd be quite happy to use it in soap and I have. :wink:

Same here. Until I moved to the city its all I ever have used. Unfortunately I'm now forking out for distilled. Though its hardly expensive here @ $2.50au for 5 litres.

Nurse- That is gold!!

Latest posts

Back