Some recent soapy experiments

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocean_soul

Reaction score
Well, as the title suggests here are some pics of my most recent soap experiments. Whee!

This one's 100% lard with adzuki bean for exfoliation. I remember reading around here that some people found these types of soaps great for facial skin.

Another lard soap with adzuki bean, tomato puree and rosemary eo. I also used avocado oil instead of olive oil.

Triple butter shaving soap...it seemed like EVERYTHING went wrong with this batch. First I misread the recipe, weighting out one oil in place of another, luckily that was an easy fix....my lye water had lots of strange floaties in it that freaked me out, then I forgot to add my fragrance oil when I normally do, my soap got too thick, etc, etc... So, we'll see how it turns out.

Oat Milk and Honey rebatch soap. I learned a very important lesson with this soap. Namely, if you know you're going to be making a soap that takes foreeeeeever to trace, do yourself a favor and stickblend that sucker in a nice, heavy container. I tried making this soap in a bucket and it was so, sooo loud my husband went and got his ear muffs for using lawn equipment for me. >_< I poured my soap too soon and thus, the rebatch.

One last soap! Would you believe it counted my emoticon as a picture?!? o_O

No experimentation here, I call this one Balancing Act, it's scented with Anise and peppermint oils.

Thanks for looking everyone! :grin:

This one is doing my head in, trying to figure out how you poured it! (I want one!)

Beautiful soaps! I'm still laughing picturing you with your safety goggles, gloves and ear protectors on while using your stick blender. A passerby might have wondered if you were working on a jet engine instead of making soap! Thanks for giving me a chuckle before I run off to bed!:lol:

Back