Some Hats I Make

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a pic of some of the hats I make and sell at my one at my market. The black bucket on the bottom next to the pink hat is my biggest seller. I had customer purchase on to match her bathing suit so she could wear it during her water aerobic class, I would have never thought of that one. Next week I need to purchase new heads since some are leaning quite badly. I had to cover the hats on my lower table since it kept misting heavily until noon. As soon as I uncovered them they started selling. :thumbs:
20180530_082106 (1).jpg 20180530_082127 (1).jpg 20180530_082140 (1).jpg
Little change of subject, my kids could use any spare prayers. For a month now my son in law has been trying to get a job. He has started 2 jobs in the last month but then let go because of lost contracts. Not being able to do more markets it is hard to help support them :(

What beautiful work! I'd not thought to have one for swim class but who's judging..... ha ha

Sending prayers. You and your family have certainly been going through a lot. Hope things get better soon. So very sorry!

Last edited:
Thankyou everyone.
Those hats are awesome!

Are those made of worsted weight acrylic?
My most popular one, which was hard to see is made with Lion Brand Homespun. Chemo patients love it because it is soft, the cream color one that is tipping to the left is the heavy blanket yarn, (one behind the pink hood)the dark slouchy one is Buttercream Boucle, most are number 6 weight yarn other than the beanie which is Red Heart Unforgettable and the other cream color hat is Lion Brand Thick and Quick. The Hooded Cowl is made with yarn called Barcelona, a yarn made for Michaels which, of course, has been discontinued after one season. I am really bummed because it came in very pretty colors and the hood was very popular, I hate it when Michaels does that

My grandma would have loved your hats! She collected them and just before she died she sat down with my daughter to tell her about the hats and let her pick the ones she wanted. Seeing hats makes me smile.

Praying for y'all.

Ohhhh that blue/teal and the black one!! [emoji7]
please just take my money lol [emoji857]
Love love LOVE a good hat

Prayers and good wishes to your family for it to all turn around ASAP! that’s really rough, and so hard on a man’s sense of self
[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

I love your hats - especially the gray and teal ones!

I'm hoping things get better for your family. I know how stressful it can be living with those kinds of unknowns.

Update, son in law is working, at least for now. Sadly in the stupid industry he is in about the time they play catch-up financially he ends up out of work again and sadly my daughter with her health issues cannot work.

My crochet sales have gone up so much in this market I do, I am not getting much soap made. If anyone likes to crochet circle shawls here is a link to a really pretty one. I took a finished one out to market but told my hubby I did not think I would sell it but maybe take an order for the right price, an hour later it sold for $110. So much for selling it...:D Now I will be watching for the yarn to go on sale again so I can make another. It is very easy to make
https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=130972

I also made this one 2 or 3 yrs ago but could not sell it in the markets I was attending at that time, so I gave it to a former forum member that was always giving me her destash and she had the figure to wear it . This one is a lot more yarn and time to make but is also lovely
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/babette-circle-shawl

Made these for the grandkids
https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=138171

This one for my sister's grandbaby
https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=140903

Can you tell I like to make Circle Shawls :lol:

Just a fyi I am a pattern crocheter, sadly I cannot look at something at make it, I can make circle shawls without pattern, but it just takes more time than I have to spend.

i love those!
i've had this in my "to do" pile for years now :eek:

https://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=3315&cid=17
I have that pattern printed out and the yarn. It also looks very pretty

This jacket is spectacular, but only buy the kit if you want a lot of grief. Apparently I was the first to report that the pattern is riddled with errors, plus gauge for sleeves does not work. I finished back last December by tweaking a lot of the pattern, before they decided one report of error I gave them was corrected, but there are many more and they are not doing anymore correction updates. Terrible company to work with. I did call them enough that they send me out a new batch of the yarn after my complaining that I had to take it out so much I destroyed the yarn. It would be a lot easier to make if I still had my dress form to put it on in order to pin the pieces. Every section is done in pieces and sewn together. It is spectacular and I will get it finished. One side of pieces is done. Also Herrschners did not post any of my reviews, so they do edit reviews. I tried 3 times to leave a review
https://www.herrschners.com/product...s&customerReviewCurrentPage=1#customerReviews

i bought yarn for it before i had any idea what i was doing- i bought some of the lion brand homespun in a glorious emerald color- but i think with such a thick textured yarn- alot of the detail would be lost. i had my mother in law go over the pattern with me and try to explain how to do it. i'm so overwhelmed with raising little people right now- whenever i get back to a crochet project i've started i have to relearn what the heck i'm doing all over again haha
ohhhhh my goodness! ruined all that alpaca!! with a pattern that jacked up- i would have lost my marbles and fed them that yarn LOL
i have to stick with mikey from the crochet crowd, watching tutorials and being able to go back and watch the same little bit over and over until i get it is really helpful.
i'm going to toss that pattern! thank you for the warning! too advanced for me to muck through. it is so gorgeous. can't wait to see it done!
pretty disappointed with herrschners- thats dirty business right there

The Oceano circle shawl is easy to make in Red Heart Boutique yarn. It is a medium worsted weight yarn. For the Drops circle shawl you need a light DK yarn such as this http://www.michaels.com/joy-dk-yarn-by-loops-and-threads-multis/M10541437.html?dwvar_M10541437_color=Hawaiian Punch&dwvar_M10541437_size=3 oz#prefn1=yarnWeight&pmpt=qualifying&prefv1=3+-+Light&start=7

Not sure if you can see this well but this is an egg gathering apron I made my Granddaughter
Finally used up some of the cheap supersaver yarn that I had for some craft. Worked okay for what this is

2212[1].jpeg

Last edited:
ohhhhh! and i have buckets of red heart boutique in my stash!
Nice, you ever want to destash just let me know :D I really like Lion Brand Landscapes better, it is a little thicker but almost half the yardage
Okay I expect to see a posting of your circle shawl ...The Drops one will work just check gauge or go a size smaller

Back