Solid bubble bath - trouble shooting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Im hoping for some input on a solid bubble bath.
Ive been using the unicorn prife slsa free bubble bomb recipe http://unicornspridehandmade.blogspot.com/2016/04/bubble-bath-bomb-recipe.html?m=1 and yet no matter how much essential oil i add i seem to get next to no scent, its driving me bonkers. Ive tried 1 1/2 tsp (which is what i use to make 6 large bath bombs with amazing scent), 3 tsp and 1 ounce.
Ive managed to make bubble bath that has a decent scent still using decyl glucoside and coco bentaine (same as the solid bubble bath), i thought maybe the bubbles were eating the eo (much like dish soap and greasy dishes), but the liquid bubbles have a scent. Ive tried adding kaolin clay as well as coconut milk powder but no scent still. Any help would be appreciated.

It's a bit difficult (for me at least) to advise how to scent because the recipe is by volume, not weight. A recipe by weight would be much easier to help troubleshoot how much fragrance you should use. It would be helpful to know which EO's you're using and where you bought them from. It may simply be that you are not using a quality oil. You also need to be aware that there is a safe usage rate for EO's that varies depending on the EO, so you must also stay within that range - another reason that it is so much easier to make recipes by weight than volume, as it is easier to calculate recipe percentages.

I did the math on % of eo its 4% based on 1 ounce for the recipe. I buy all my essential oils from new directions. Ive tried 5 fold sweet orange as well as dark patchouli

Latest posts

Back