Socks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deda

Reaction score
I read a post a few minutes ago about spinning cotton balls into yarn for sock heels. Never ever done that. I don't spin yarn, but I do love it.

These are the socks I'm working on now. They are for DS's GF. I wish I had taken a few pics of the gajillion socks I knitted around Christmas. They were much prettier, hand dyed and self striping yarns. This is elCheapo ala Michaels.

122308012-1.jpg

Any other knitters?

I wish I could knit. I've tried to learn how several times, and even got some books on the subject including "Learning to knit for Dummies" LOL I am too dumb even for that book because I just cannot figure it out for the life of me...

But I do crochet!! :)

Those are wonderful! I do knit but just can't seem to get the hang of it for socks.....sweaters, skirts, dish cloths, scarves - those I can do - socks - not so much.... :oops:

So I'm really impressed especially when I see them done as well as what you're doing! Love them!

Those are beautiful, Deda!!!
web.gif
I could never get the knack of knitting.

Digit

Thanks, Ladies! See there is more to me than soap... :lol:

Those are beautiful socks! Happy, happy feet! You've got a good even tension to your knitting. I look forward to the day when I have enough time, patience and stamina to get back into a few spinning and knitting projects.

Years ago when I belonged to a handspinners guild, there was a woman who would carry her drop spindle and knitting needles everywhere with her. Any time she had to wait -- even like 2 minutes in a grocery store line -- she would pull her current project from her pocket and work. She spun and knitted something like 35 pairs of socks in a single year using nothing but her "wasted in line" time! Somehow I'm not quite so focused. In my world, waiting in line is an excuse to zone out. 8)

Latest posts

Back