Soaps for Dry skin ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxy25

Reaction score
Hello Gang !

I am new here , I was going to get some books on making soaps ( yeah I know the internet has all info) but i am a nerd and like just looking at a good book lol.

I have an old one some where in my storage but back then I was younger and did not care really about it.

What are some good soap recipes that are for dry skin ? are all homemade soaps considered organic ?

I bought some soaps at my local Lush.com store and fell in love with these types of soaps. My dad also has dry skin and he is too interested in these kinds of soaps I noticed him wanting to buy soaps with me when I brought home some shea butter soap.

Hi Roxy,

All hand-made soaps are moisturizing since the glycerin is not stripped out of it...If you click on the recipes link up top on the right you will find all kinds of recipes for you to play with. I too love books and I plan on getting over to the library to check out a couple before I buy them.

Cheers
Lindy

Lindy said:
Hi Roxy,

All hand-made soaps are moisturizing since the glycerin is not stripped out of it...If you click on the recipes link up top on the right you will find all kinds of recipes for you to play with. I too love books and I plan on getting over to the library to check out a couple before I buy them.

Cheers
Lindy

Thanks Lindy , I saw the recipe link after I posted I will get more familar with this forum soon

I just bought the book by browning I love her books, I was looking through my mother's books and found Marie browning melt and pour soup making. I am a visual learning so I love the pictures. My local bookstores barely have any soap books !!! I only found 3 at the barnes and noble. I went to 3 borders and they have no soap books ?!??

I am going to make my first soap soon. I am going to make a butter bar that is listed in the melt and pour book.

I was searching on here for good scales what is the maxium weight ,I should buy for a scale ? I see a lot but not sure which kind to get. I saw people recommending myweight scales.

I don't have any recommendations for scales, other than a decent digital model that measure in .1 ounces....or better yet, grams....metric is my favorite.

I have a mid-line digital that I picked up at Fred Meyer for about $30. The brand name on it Salter, and it works fine.

I will also add a recommended book...."The Everything Soapmaking Book" by Alicia Grosso.....it's comprehensive, up-to-date, and a great reference volume. She covers so much, and the book is so accessible.

I, not to long ago, ordered a MyWeigh digital scale on ebay, that I'm waiting on, to arrive in the mail. It's the MyWeigh UltraShip U2 60#. It also can be use as a shipping scale, it has a USB plug too, that I can hook into my laptop, if I want to use it to ship packages, later on down the road. It measures in kg, g, oz, lbs & lbs:eek:unces. I only paid $39.39 for it. I brought mines from libra6210 (ebay seller). There's also a fellow by name oldwillknotts that Cheryl recommend he sells MyWeigh scales and other brand name scales.

Cattleyabubbles said:
I, not to long ago, ordered a MyWeigh digital scale on ebay, that I'm waiting on, to arrive in the mail. It's the MyWeigh UltraShip U2 60#. It also can be use as a shipping scale, it has a USB plug too, that I can hook into my laptop, if I want to use it to ship packages, later on down the road. It measures in kg, g, oz, lbs & lbs:eek:unces. I only paid $39.39 for it. I brought mines from libra6210 (ebay seller). There's also a fellow by name oldwillknotts that Cheryl recommend he sells MyWeigh scales and other brand name scales.

thanks I am always on ebay I will see if I can find one.

Cattleyabubbles said:

I've had a MyWeigh scale that I got from OldWillKnott a little over 5 years ago and it's still going strong. Never had any problems or off weights on it in all these years. I should get another one for a back up, but just haven't done it yet...

Back