Soaps for Acne

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are two soaps for acne a girl. The chocolate she wanted a chocolate smell and did not use essential oils and it has clay cocoa, cacao power and most minimally comedogenic oils and is for use twice a week. Pink soap is for everyday use. The Neem oils and black cumin smell very strong but with truffles and cinnamon fragrance is not perceived

Chocolate Soap
Virgin Olive Oil
207gr
Coconut Oil 95gr
Palm Oil 74gr
Corn Oil 41gr
Neem oil 33gr
Shea Butter 29gr
Castor Oil 41gr
Peanut oil 21gr
Black cumin oil 21gr
Cocoa powder 4gr
Clay cocoa 8gr
Superfatted 8%
Concentration 28%
Water 191gr
Lye 74gr
White: titanium dioxide. Fragance of truffles and cinnamon

Rose Soap

Virgin Olive Oil 232gr
Coconut oil 129gr
Palm oil 118gr
Grape seed oil, 44gr
Corn oil, 22gr
Shea butter 15g
Macadamia oil, 22gr
Beeswax 11gr
Superfatted 8%
Concentration 28%
Water 204gr
Lye 79gr
Talc fragrance, essential oil of chamomile, lavender and tea tree

sob1.jpg

sob2.jpg

sob3.jpg

Last edited:
These soaps look realy pretty!! But why did you make two soaps for acne- one for daily use and the other for twice a week..whats the reason behind this?

They are both lovely, and you have some wonderful oils in them! Not to be a downer, but I avoid corn oil and peanut oils because these crops are usually GMO and heavily treated with pesticides. Grapeseed oil can be prone to rancidity. Maybe sub out those oils for some that are less comedogenic and possibly more pure? I'd have concerns about these issues in acne soap, as sensitive, acne-prone skin could negatively react.

Just found this interesting chart https://www.beneficialbotanicals.com/facts-figures/comedogenic-rating.html - incomplete, but some good info I didn't know. Also looked up babassu oil, which is non-comedogenic, as opposed to coconut oil, which is pretty highly comedogenic. Very interesting.

Sorry to hijack this thread!

I think the OP is in Europe, and I believe they still don't allow GMO products, or they have to be labeled as such.

They are both beautiful!

Be warned that the cinnamon fragrance might irritate sensitive skin. She should try it on a small area of her face and see how it goes.

I see now that you are in Europe (Spain?) so I wouldn't be worried about GMO and less so about pesticides. They are really, really beautiful, and you are very artistic.

Latest posts

Back